Wednesday 4 January 2012

Cheating day 1 New Years Day.  Visit the family :) you won't regret it. 

So on New years day after an adventurous New Years Eve we went bowling with the familia... The children loved it. Come 5 o clock we were starving... The  "Daves" who are fellow foodies highly recommended a new restaurant - "Resham" previously called "Lazeez" in North Finchley. 

And what a fantastic menu... I wanted everything on that menu. All you paneer lovers would seriously drool. Every single vegetarian dish had some kind of paneer marriage. Now though I love paneer I've given it up for a good cause (6 disgustingly long months without it :) but I have lost a stone in weight :)) so drooled enviously at the menu. 

On our extensive order;

Starters 

Soneri Okra- golden fried okra in a tempura style batter. 

Masala Mogo/Masala Chips- both I'd say were average and nothing to write home about.
 
Stuffed Pepper-this was lovely, creamy spicy. Infused with cashews and dreamy flavours. 

Mains
Veg kolapuri- average. 

Lasanya Paneer- This dish went down a storm with the boys... "amazing" in the words of my brother MD. 
 
Paneer in Garlic Sauce- nobody seemed to like this. 

Veg koftas - This was my favourite but didn't look like traditional koftas. Looked disconcerting but I was glad I tried it. 

Hyderbadi rice- was supposed to be a spinach and mixed vegetable thing. But I'd say average. 

Saffron rice
Daal makhani- hmmmm drool. Now I love my lentils and this was good. 

A mix of garlic and chilli nans breads which were still warm when they arrived. 

For a new restaurant I'd probably give it 5/10. (completely my opinion-try it out and see). 

That was my dinner... And I was hungry enough to eat a vegetarian horse! The thing is though; I do like eating out, or, ordering in. But I always find food more enjoyable when you can smell it cooking. And see the magic happen. And I got to say that the kids food was really, really good. Masi Dave had it on the hob as soon as we got in. Non spicy khichdi with ginger, potato & tomato curry and hot of the stove fully puffed rotli. I can honestly say I'd have swapped with the little un's any day...

And to top it off... No dishes for me and a hubby bag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment